Moving Totalview to a new server
Modified on: Wed, 25 Jan, 2017 at 2:01 PM
1) Contact PathSolutions support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to clear the MAC address for the license in the license server
2) Install PathSolutions TotalView on the new server
3) Stop the PathSolutions TotalView service on the old server and the new server
4) Navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\PathSolutions\TotalView folder on both servers
5) Copy *.cfg from the old server to the new server
6) Copy the following directories from the old server to the new server:
- Notes (only if notes were added)
- Syslog (only if the syslog server is used)
- TFTP (only if the TFTP server is used)
7) Start the PathSolutions TotalView service on the new server
8) Uninstall the PathSolutions TotalView service on the old server
At this point, the service and all data will be moved to the new server.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.