Alerts and the Daily Network Weather Report are all sent out via email. The system must have a valid connection to an SMTP mail server or SMTP mail relay.
The SMTP mail server IP address is entered on the last page of the Quick Config Wizard, or on the Email tab of the Config Tool.
Use the “Test” button on these pages to validate that the emails are accepted by the mail server. If any errors occur, they will be displayed in the dialog box.
Possible reasons email is not working:
- SMTP mail server is not accepting email from PathSolutions
- SMTP mail server IP address is incorrect
- SMTP mail server is not configured to relay emails
- Anti-SPAM filter is preventing emails from being received
- Anti-Virus software on SWSM server is preventing emails from being sent
When PathSolutions initially connects to the SMTP mail server, it introduces itself as “pathsolutions.com”. Some Anti-SPAM servers may not like this, as the server has a different DNS MX record than “pathsolutions.com” on the Internet.
This entry can be changed to match the user’s company by modifying the following registry entry:
The TotalView service must be Stopped and Restarted for this change to take effect.
If TotalView is installed on a Windows Server OS. The Microsoft SMTP service can be installed and configured to act as a relay for TotalView.
Refer to this KB Article: