Below are the steps to ensure that all components of the PathSolutions software are removed:
- Close the PathSolutions Config Tool (if open)
- Close the PathSolutions QuickConfig Wizard (if open)
- Close the Windows Service Control Manager (if open)
- Close the Windows Application Event log (if open)
- Go to the Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs
- Choose “PathSolutions TotalView” and click “Remove”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the program
- Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\PathSolutions\TotalView directory. The files & folders that were left behind are the DAT database files and CFG files.
- Run RegEditNavigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\NetLatency
- Delete the “NetLatency” key and all keys below this. These are the custom program configuration options that were made during the deployment.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Application\TotalViewMonitor
- Delete the “TotalViewMonitor” key and all subkeys below this. (If no TotalViewMonitor Key is found proceed to next step) This is the event log reference for custom events.
- Open the Windows Service Control Manager and validate that there is no PathSolutions Network Monitor or TotalView Service listed
- Look in the Start menu to validate that PathSolutions is not listed there as an application
Note: The system may request a reboot at the end if Windows Service Control Manager was left open. If this is the case, reboot before continuing.
If any shortcut keys remain on your desktop you may want to remove those as well.
At this point, the software is completely uninstalled, and there are no residual files.