System is not monitoring a specific switch or router
Modified on: Fri, 3 Mar, 2017 at 10:05 AM
The device must be configured to support SNMP v1, SNMP v2c or SNMP v3. If the device is unable to support these protocols, then it cannot be monitored.
Possible reasons that a device would not be listed in the Devices tab:
• The device is not in the PathSolutions Configuration Tool
• The device is an “unmanaged” router or switch and does not support SNMP
• The device is not configured for SNMP
• The SNMP settings for the device do not match the community string configured in TotalView
• The device may be configured to only respond to certain SNMP hosts
• The device may be behind a firewall that is preventing SNMP packets from flowing
Workaround: Use the PollDevice program from the server where TotalView is installed to verify that SNMP packets are being sent and received to the device.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.