The MOS Score is the Mean opinion score – a test that has been used for decades in telephony networks to obtain the human user’s view of the quality of the network.
Wikipedia Description of MOS
The MOS is the arithmetic mean of all the individual scores, and can range from 1 (worst) to 5 (best).
PathSolutions TotalView provides MOS scores in five different reports:
• Daily historical MOS score graphing to/from network devices.
• Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly historical MOS score graphing to/from network devices including source variables: latency, jitter, and loss.
• MOS score alerting to/from network devices.
• MOS score graphing of simulated calls via the Call Simulator.
• Custom emailed MOS reports
Historical MOS Graphing
On the “MOS” tab, daily historical reporting is presented for each monitored network device along with min, avg, and max MOS seen during the period.
Detailed Historical MOS Graphing
On each device page, Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly historical MOS score graphing to/from network devices including source variables: latency, jitter, and loss.
MOS Score Alerting
In the configuration tool, low MOS score alerts can be set up to generate an alert if MOS drops below a settable threshold.
MOS score graphing of simulated calls via the Call Simulator
The Call Simulator will display current MOS between a computer and any endpoint. Simulated calls can be saved to MHTML documents for later viewing via a browser.
Custom Emailed MOS Reports
The solution is also capable of emailing custom MOS Reports to users. Please review the Custom Reports Section of the TotalView Documentation.